Friday, February 25, 2011

Go My Own Way


I'm sorry for leaving. I guess I just didn't fit in right.
But the sad thing is that I don't fit in anywhere.
This isn't some sob story about how I'm trying to figure myself out again.
Just apologizing for leaving the group.. To find myself.
And do you know where I am now?
Me either.
But getting away helped.
Branching off and isolating myself so that I could define myself without the pressure of conforming to who you all were brought a little bit more clarity to who I really am.
And I thank you for being there for me when I needed a group to depend on.
When I needed to call myself something. And I did.
But I don't anymore.
I'm still searching.
But thank you for being there when I needed you.
If I ever had to choose a group of people to hang with... It'd be you guys.
... Carolyn, Gina, Ashlyn, Hannah, Chinera. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love you sister. You're alright...You did what you had to do for you and that's okay. Us Johnson's were never meant to be a part of a group or clique anyway..It's jus not who we are or what we do. There's a reason why we stand out..we were made to be that way. If you fit in there's no way that you can stand out like God intended for us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, too, big booty! And yeah, I understand. I mean, I guess. They're not all bad people though, ya know? And I was just thinking about that and about all the fun times we had together.. Even though there weren't that many.. Lol. :) They ain't bad is all I'm sayin here. And I should really get started on my homework now. :) Love you much, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what YOU think!