Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Like


I don't think they really like him.
Because if they did, they would save him a seat at lunch instead of letting him sit at a table beside them, peering over. But he sits with integrity even when I ask if he wants to come sit with me because he sits there alone.
He doesn't fit with them. Not visually. He's fat. He's really heavy. But he tries to be like them.
He tries to fit with them and I guess they accept him. But I don't think they really like him.
Not how they like each other or the other people in their clique. They save seats for each other and hug each other and choose each other.
But they don't save him a seat. They don't hug him. If they had to choose between someone thin and good-looking and this blob of conformity, they wouldn't chose him.
But if it were he and I they had to choose from, they would definitely choose him.
Because I'm not popular like them.
Even though he isn't visually pleasing. He's no eye candy.
They would choose him because he's one of them. Or trying to be at least.
But still, I don't think they really like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!