Monday, December 12, 2011

Define Fun.

So I was just making some brownies with my sister a second ago and after putting the mix into the oven, I indulged in the sweet chocolatiness of the batter that was left in the bowl.. As I was doing this, I remembered being younger and finding this part of the brownie-making process to be the absolute best and I found it to be completely fun using my fingers and tongue to clean every inch of the bowl. This time I used a small spoon to clean the bowl and it made me wonder why I even found it to be fun using my hands and mouth before...
It's funny how our minds can take us from one thought to another and the two thoughts may not even be closely related. Anyhow, I realized that a lot of the "fun" things I used to do when I was younger I probably not consider to be fun anymore. When I was younger, I would think that the fun things I saw people doing on TV were truly fun. I would see kids laughing and having a good time with their friends in fun pillow fights. But when I had an actual pillow fight, it was not fun at all. I would see sisters making brownies in the kitchen and getting messy, but having a good time.. Making brownies has never been that way for me.. So maybe it's just the way "fun" is portrayed in the media that makes life less enjoyable.. Maybe that's why making brownies has never been fun to me, but instead it was just baking..
... Or maybe my fun is just a different kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!