Thursday, August 2, 2012

Honor Thy Mother and Father

Exodus 20:12 says:
"Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."
And I couldn't agree more! Ever since the day I was born, I've been raised to respect and honor my elders, especially my parents. And I'm sure this verse would apply to grandparents, too.
But goodness gracious, it's hard honoring my grandma all the time. I know that probably sounds bad, but my grandmother isn't exactly a sweet old lady.. Quite the opposite, actually. And even though she has her good moments, it's still really hard for me to accept the bad ones. It's like I never know when the beast will be unleashed!
And not only that.. My grandma can be very annoying sometimes; she talks so much and repeats herself over and over again, so I feel like she's talking to me like I'm a child. And that can be really frustrating!
*Sighs* Just pray that I'll be able to survive these next couple of days with my feisty grandmammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!