Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It Was Just A Dream Just A Moment Ago...

I just settled into my hotel room in Minneapolis, Minnesota and all I can think about is how blessed I am... To have made it to nationals with my volleyball team, to have been accepted into the scholarship halls at KU, to have received about 5 different private scholarships..... I feel so blessed.
The main thing on my mind right now is the fact that in a few days my team and I will be fighting for a national championship title against some of the best teams in America! I honestly never thought that this was possible. I remember my junior year of high school attending my first power league tournament and not really knowing what that meant. Playing at power league gave your team a better chance of getting a bid to nationals, but my team junior year was not very cooperative. And I remember hearing my teammates that year talk about how their friends from other teams had already gotten bids for nationals and how our team didn't have a chance..... It sucked. But now I'm here in Minneapolis preparing for the national competition and I honestly can't believe it.
I'm reminded of my setter last year, who would almost never set me. And the libero, who would yell and fuss at me every time I had to play next to her in the back row.... And I just feel so blessed because neither of their teams made it to nationals. Actually, I don't think any of the girls from my team last year are going to nationals... But here I am in Minneapolis, preparing for the national competition.
I thank God... Because this journey hasn't been pretty. It's been frustrating, challenging, and weary... But I made it. God brought my team and I here and I know He'll continue to stay with us while we play, win or lose. I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

Tell me what YOU think!