Monday, June 16, 2014

Moving Through the Hurt

I found out yesterday that while my ex and I were together, he lied to me about his past...
Not necessarily lied, I guess, but he left out something huge. He neglected to tell me about an encounter with one of his ex-girlfriends.
My heart really hurts thinking about this right now and for the first time after learning about the incident, I'm crying... I guess that's good, right?
I just can't believe that he wouldn't tell me that.. Of all people, I was supposed to be the one closest to him.
And I've forgiven him, which is all through Christ's power working in me.. But I really really don't think I want anything to do with him anymore. My feelings are deeply hurt and I think I have the choice of whether or not he'll continue to be in my life..... So why don't I let him go?
It's the soul tie that he and I have created.. The one that I've been begging God to break. And if I'm praying that prayer then why can't I let go of it?
This guy lied to me. He hid a piece of his past from me and I'm not finding out until we've been broken up for more than half a year!
I think it really is time to move forward... Without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!