Monday, February 9, 2015

The Wilderness

Living in the wilderness, amongst a lack of understanding of who I really am and what I stand for... Can't I just open up my mouth and let you know? But no... Even then you won't get it. Andrea's just "really religious". She's like the new girl because "she's religious too..." Probably the most offensive statement I've heard in my life.
I've never heard anything more inaccurate in my life! Religion. Let's look at some of the world religions and what they all have in common. Good people. Be a good person. Then good things will happen to you. But that's not even how GOD operates! God loves us imperfect people in such a perfect way and doesn't even require us to be perfect ourselves! He doesn't ask us to be good people because, judged according to his standards, we'd NEVER be good people. We all freaking suck!
But he loves us so much and unconditionally and eternally and in ways that our brains can't even fathom. God loves us.
That's not religion. That's grace and power.


I just cannot live in the wilderness on my own. This fast probably could not come soon enough because I need Jesus and his spirit in me more than ever right now!
God, bring me through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!