Thursday, April 2, 2015

Made To Reflect Him



As humans, in order to understand things, we relate them to things which are more familiar to us. I've noticed that writers in the Bible often describe God and Heaven by relating them to things that are common to earth, however, they don't say that those things are exactly how God and Heaven are. In Revelation, John describes the 4 living creatures by comparing them to things that we see here on earth. But he simply could not tell us exactly what they were... Things in Heaven are simply indescribable! The only way we know how to describe those things (or anything for that matter) is by relating them to things that we actually have seen and experienced ourselves.
This has been on my mind a lot lately. I've heard people say before that God "shines like the sun". But  that seems a bit backwards to me. If God created the earth and everything in it and created all things in his image, then wouldn't all things that he created reflect HIM? The Bible tells us that the earth and everything in it worships him.. So the son, being a reflection of God actually shines like God. Man! That blows my mind...
Sometimes I look at the sun and think about God... I can't even stare into the sun for more than maybe 5 seconds at a time because its brightness is painful! Could you imagine staring at the face of God?! People in the Bible couldn't even bear to stand in the presence of angels! Could you imagine what it would be like to stand in the presence of the one that created angels?!?!
I can't...
He blows my mind.
He rocks my world.
He flips my wig.
He drives me craaaaaaazy!

Just wanted to share these thoughts... They may be a bit illogical and all over the place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!