Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Life Is Happening

Oh my goodness.
Where do I even begin.
This month marks 6 months (that's half a year, folks) of being intentionally single. Of consecrating myself for the Lord, and seeking to deepen my relationship with Him and Him alone! What a ride this has been!

At the moment I should be studying for finals, but here's what I'm actually doing. I'm writing this blog post because I am so anxious. Here's what's happening in my life.

Yes, I am single for at least the next 6 months, but there's an extremely wonderful and amazing guy that's interested in pursuing me. That scares, excites, and frustrates me. For lots of reasons, but I'm not gonna put them all here. And so, persevering with this dating fast is H-A-R-D HARD.... I need help.

"Blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord."
Luke 1:45

I'm going to Tijuana this summer. Both of my parents are terrified. I am not. Why? Because God said go. What I am terrified of, though, is telling my parents that God said go and genuinely showing them that I would like to honor them in this decision to go. Terrified. Why and I terrified of this? Because all my life I've pretty much always wanted to just please my parents. And lately I've been feeling like God's been showing me that I can honor them and obey Him at the same time. Because ultimately, obeying and honoring Him is what's most important. Help me, God, to honor my parents through this decision to follow you. Help me to trust you and trust that you know what you're doing. Give me PEACE, Lord. Give me you.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7


My life is taking off, you guys! I am so nervous right now; I'm a big ball of anxiety and nerves and thrill and excitement. I don't know what to do with it all. But I know that God's truth is SO MUCH BIGGER than all of my feelings and emotions. And God sits on the throne of my heart, guarding it so that whatever comes from it comes from Him. He keeps me at perfect peace, and those who trust in the Lord shall not be put to shame.

This... I just need this right now. I need truth. Because I don't feel truth. I feel fear. But God is gracious, merciful, and good.


LORD HELP ME. <3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!