Sunday, July 3, 2016

Mi Verano Hasta Ahora... Y Qué Viene

Lord, have mercy! Friends, there's just A TON that I'd like to share about my summer, and I don't even know where to begin!

I suppose I'll start with what life's been like being home! It's been HARD! Oh my goodness, it's been hard! I am not working while I am in Kansas City this summer, so that leaves a lot of time to...ya know... Rest, I suppose! So, that's basically what I've been doing! Resting, cleaning up, spending good quality time with friends and family members, and trying my absolute best to seek what the Lord has for me in this season. I felt like before this summer started that the Lord spoke the word "uncomfortable" over this summer for me. And lemme tell ya--that's been pretty spot-on so far!



Being at home without working has given me loads of free time, which I am SO not used to. I don't know that I've ever had a season of life that wasn't busy--at least not since sometime in early high school! So, being at home without working has been a challenge. I think that through those challenges, though, I learned to seek the Lord for new ways to seek him! Lol. It's strange, but it's good. And I've also just kind of learned to not compare my season of life to those of others; what the Lord has for me right now is for me right now. And I will receive it with open hands and open heart!







Then..... I went to Tijuana, Mexico!!!!!!! While in Mexico, I personally got to witness/lead about 5 people to the Lord and also saw the Lord do so much in me throughout the trip! A couple of specific things that I believe the Lord did in me I'd like to share. One was basically showing me that when I delight in Him, he is faithful to give me the desires of my heart! The trip as a whole to Mexico was a dream come true, to say the least, and NONE of that would've been possible had I not drawn near to the Lord to delight in him. Praise God for His faithfulness, okay?!






Second, the Lord just showed me that He can and will use me when I make myself available to Him. On one of our last days there on the trip, I was on the beach with a few friends just for leisure and having a good time. We'd had set outreach times, but this was just a time to do whatever we pleased. As I was on the beach, I went to a food cart for a snack, and long story short, a girl ended up giving her life to Jesus right then and there! It was insane and I was so thankful that the Lord wanted to include me in what He was doing! I didn't have to do anything special but just be open to letting the Lord use me.. And thank God that that's what He wants to do!



So, the rest of my summer will also look a bit different than normal for me. On July 16th I'll travel to Selma, AL (again) for an internship with an amazing group of people that LOVE JESUS and seek to display His love and His freedom in their lives! Can I just say that I'm thankful?! I am SO THANKFUL that the Lord continues to open doors for me.. Doors that allow me to grow amongst other believers.. Doors that allow me to see different cultures and experience the way different people serve and worship Him...

I'm just thankful.

3 comments:

Tell me what YOU think!