Saturday, August 14, 2010

Degrassi: The Boiling Point- Adam/Gracie

Ok, so before a couple of days ago I hadn't watched Degrassi in a LONG time; I wasn't very fond of the new characters! I hate when shows change from their original characters. Blah! But.... After watching it the other day, I realized that Degrassi still goes there.
And I mean that's great because that's why I always loved the show in the first place! But, Adam (AKA Gracie), the transvestdite, definitely got me thinking a lot about my views on this certain issue. Her parents and peers at school didn't accept her lifestyle and that, I believe, is definitely wrong. But, at the same time, I can't say that they won't accept her for who she is because really that's not who she is. . . 
I'm still trying to understand my own opinion on this situation. I, as a Christian, believe that God didn't make any mistakes. He definitely made Gracie to be a girl. Somewhere along the lines I guess she just got confused about her sexuality, identidy, and gender. While I am absolutely against that lifestyle choice (being a transvestdite), I definitely can understand where she's coming from.
As I have mentioned before, growing up is SOOOOO HARD and teens may question their sexuality. But I do believe that God made man to be with woman and that's how it should be. It's okay to get confused sometimes but, you gotta get back on the right track with God.
That's just my opinion and I guess you don't really hear a lot about Christianity in Degrassi. Well not since Darcy's been off the show.
But anyway, let me know what your thoughts are on this topic! I'm still sort of debating on mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!