Friday, March 29, 2013

Zechariah 7: 9-10

"Thus has the Lord of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.'"
My focus for the day: "do not devise evil in your hearts against one another"... "practice kindness and compassion each to his brother"... I usually don't have a problem with practicing kindness, it's just that I'm choosy with whom I practice this.. And I'm not gonna lie- I struggle with not devising evil in my heart against people. So, I'm praying this prayer today:
Lord Heavenly Father, I come to you thanking you for the opportunity to seek you today and for your Word, which empowers me to live my life for you. I pray right now that you keep my mind focused on this verse today, and that you show me how to practice kindness and compassion. I pray that you help me to no devise evil in my hearts against anyone and to be fair, in this way, to everyone. In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!