Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What Is Life Even

Life is bitter freaking sweet.

Within a week... One week. I was accepted into the grad program for which I applied, and notified of my acceptance into a huuuuuge scholarship program at my university... And my boyfriend was unjustly removed from his position of leadership in our schools student government... by people that we considered genuine friends, at that. So while I was on a high from this exciting news, my babe was at a low from being betrayed, humiliated, and completely caught off guard by these attacks....

And through it all we're sifting through the emotions, pressing through the pain, celebrating the accomplishments.. But it gave me a reality check, to be honest. Because I lived a relatively privileged life with everything I could possibly need and want, I got into the routine of having things my way... Enjoying everyday of life as though the world were on my side 90% of the time... But I'm learning that life isn't always so sweet...

Family members use words that cut deep, friends rally against us without understanding, and jobs come and go right when we think we're on the cusp of accomplishing something great... And it hurts. While all of this goes on, we make major accomplishments, celebrate huge victories, and plan with excitement for what lays ahead... There's such a mix between bitter and sweet that you just really have to take life as it comes....

And embrace the Lord in every moment. Reflect on your emotions and lessons learned, and heal along the journey. Advocate for yourself and for others and pray so so much for the humility and wisdom to do it right... That's at least what February's been for me.

And I'm just reflecting for self-care. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what YOU think!