Monday, April 2, 2018

El Mes de Marzo

We saw Black Panther for a second time exactly a week after seeing it for the first time.
We went on a double date with a couple of friends; went bowling and ate at Chili's.
We relaxed together... We enjoyed days off, and rested in each other's arms....
We went to California for Spring Break.... I met Andrew's parents, best friend, and former disciplers.... And 5 days into the trip, Andrew asked me to marry him. It was beautiful and sweet, and of course I said yes!


But I also went with a group of high school girls to get prom dresses (that were all free!), and I got a graduation dress for free too!

And I modeled for Johana's project then spent some time with Jackee, Lauren, and Johana for a little bit....
I confronted some tension between a former friend and I.. It was strange because I'd felt betrayed, and did not believe that her reasons for why she'd done what she'd done were sufficient. And I really liked this girl, so it sucked.
I also confronted some of the tension between my mom, my sister, and I. I told my mom outright that she obviously favors me and that it's wrong. I told her that it makes me not want to interact with her, and that it's unfair. My mom ignored me.
I pointed out specific instances when they happened and still... My mom ignored me.

My eyes have been opened to a lot. My heart is broken in a lot of ways. But simultaneously I feel emboldened to tell the truth... To "speak the truth to power", and that's a new thing. It feels like more of my persona now. And I don't know if that's good or bad.

Now we're planning an engagement party, a graduation party, and a wedding. Time flies.

And life is happening right before our eyes. My heart is almost racing right now. And it's simultaneously heavy with excitement, fear, and bewilderment....

What is to come? It makes me nervous. What is to come...

1 comment:

Tell me what YOU think!